Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Pumped Up Kicks


After a 5.6 mile run across Midland, it was glaringly obvious that I needed some new runners. The Shox had done me well (got me the 4.6 miles up to the top of Guadalupe Peak) but they were heavy and, like a grandma's bra, losing support.

I went online to do research and after navigating through the plethora of "Shit So-and-So Says" Videos, facebook statuses, and LOLCats, I discovered the Adidas Zero Rush Shoes.

They looked cool, had good buzz, and being a fan of all things Adidas, they appealed to me. Went to Finish Line and tried them on. Like wearing nothing at all. Super, super light but not at the expense of support. PLUS, I got a free t-shirt out of the deal. In my size, no less (Suck it JINGLE BELL RUN 5K).

These will be the babies I wear when I finish 5K in Big Spring on the 11th and 13.1 miles in Austin on the 19th.

T-Minus 19 days until Austin.

No comments:

Post a Comment